One thing I love buying from op-shops is hand embroidered table cloths. When you think about how long it must have taken someone to embroider a whole table cloth - wow! So I feel like I’m saving something quite special. This gorgeous collar won’t take you as long to stitch as a table cloth, but it will be just as special. There’s a free template with the pattern to follow for the hand stitching - just make sure you do your stitching before you sew together your collar!
All finished with my London Gap socks!
- Dyed my own self-striping rainbow yarn (so much fun!)
- Cast on May 14
- My gauge was bit larger than it should have been, so I knit the small size socks… which are still a bit on the large size.
- Pattern was top-down and I reversed it for toe-up. I used this pattern from Knit Freedom for the faux heel flap.
- My needles broke during the first sock (I caught the cable on a doorknob…)
- I finished them on June 3!
Project page: link
Pattern is London Gap by Kim Swingle